Supernatural gifts, demons, and martial arts – oh my!
In our two segments with Amy Brock McNew, Aaron manages to break Amy before we barely even get started. Which is totally epic.
Amy, for those of you not in the know, is the author of REBIRTH, which debuts May 24th. She is an interesting character (and one you may be hearing more from in the near future!)
In Episode 22:
- Why Amy wrote REBIRTH, which sounds a lot like many other authors’ reasons for writing their books.
- The cathartic background of REBIRTH for Amy.
- Amy teases the sequel, RECONCILIATION, in her description of her favorite character in the book. (There’s popcorn involved!) And it makes all of us want to read Rebirth.
- Crazy looks from the neighbors (this story is totally worth the entire interview)
- Some of the freaky things that Amy ran across in the course of research, and how off so much of it was.
In Episode 23:
- We are Josh-less in this part!
- The myriad of places that Amy’s notes end up during her plotsing process.
- Her unbelievable production rate during NaNoWriMo
- Her crazy Scrivener/note card hybrid organizing process.
- Paydays, yellow Starbursts, Jelly Bellies, and all the other goodies in Amy’s desk.
- Vampiric blood (you have to listen to hear how this figures in).
- How Pinterest figures in to her relating to her readers.
- How her background in journalism led to her being surprised by the author culture.
- Where her heart is and what she wants to do in the future where that is concerned.