We’re delighted to have contemporary fantasy author K.M. (aka Kessie) Carroll on our show this week! After we discuss the heat in Arizona (where Kessie lives), and Aaron gives Liberty a really hard time, we actually get down to the business of the day.
In Episode 31
- The Spacetime Legacy, Kessie’s urban fantasy series, and her wish to see it in a Manga form.
- The origins of her series
- Sacrificial cars
- Superstition Mountains (super creepy stories!)
- Arizona Vortexes (No, not that kind…)
- Classic Batman show from the 1960s…and her kids’ likely reaction to watching the show. (Hilarity ensues.)
- Kessie’s Doctor (Who)
- Writing with 5 kids (great advice for ALL of us parents.)
- Scrivener for iOS (Which should be out by the time you can hear this! Yay!)
- Discussing Jim Butcher (some of it got cut…if our listeners could be flies on the walls during our intermissions!)
In Episode 32
- Overly suggestive book titles for outlining (Take Off Your Pants)
- Dealing with writer’s block, and why it may be happening.
- Kessie’s ideal Chai latte, as well as hot chocolate
- How a city might respond to a zombie apocalypse.
- E-Reader News Today & Pixel of Ink going belly up. 😦
- A very unusual answer to our fandom question. 🙂
- When readers read into your books deeper than you intended. Lots of funnies.
- You’re allowed to write crap, just keep writing.
- K.M. Carroll
- The Spacetime Legacy
- Magic Weaver (latest in her series)
- Diana Wynne Jones (Howl’s Moving Castle)
- Sara Prineas
- Elizabeth Goudge
- Jim Butcher (Dresden Files)
- Larry Correia (Monster Hunter’s International)
- Domino Finn (Black Magic Outlaw)
- Heartstriker Series by Rachel Aaron
- Take Off Your Pants by Libbie Hawker
- Story Cartel
- Mark Dawson’s Self-Publishing Formula
- The Merlin Conspiracy by Diana Wynne Jones