This week we have with us CW Briar, author of Wrath & Ruin, an anthology filled with spec fic ranging from horror to humorous sci-fi. We discuss gnomes–eep!
- Why he wrote an anthology rather than starting with a full-length novel.
- Accomplishments and interesting experiences as a first-time author.
- CW’s favorite characters from the anthology.
- How CW’s desires for a certain effect shaped some of his stories.
- Interesting juxtapositions of CW’s research.
- CW can’t pick one captain. 🙂
- We get off on a bit of Doctor Who riff.
- How writing Wrath & Ruin has changed CW.
- CW & Liberty agree it’s very difficult to write a mystery without an outline.
- How CW works around his career and his kids and using his commute to maximize his time.
- CW’s preference for Word over Scrivener, and how he organizes it.
- How CW’s job as an engineer informs his writing and outlining process.
- Stealing from your beta readers.
- Canadian mining practices in the 19th Century
- Learn to Love Editing